We are delighted that our Home Delivery application to be an “institutional book giver” for World Book Night has been successful.
World Book Night is an annual celebration of reading and books which takes place on 23rd April. The aim of the initiative is to share a love of books and reading with people who, for whatever reason, don’t normally read for pleasure.
Our Home Delivery Service uses a small van to deliver books to customers who are unable to visit their local library because of ill-health, frailty or mobility issues. We visit people in their own homes, in sheltered housing and in nursing homes.
Thanks to World Book Night we will have 18 copies of each of these titles:
Confessions of a GP by Dr Benjamin Daniels
Four Warned by Jeffrey Archer
After the Funeral by Agatha Christie
to give out to residents of sheltered housing and nursing homes who have lost the reading habit.
Now we can’t wait for 23rd April.
In the meantime if you know someone who might be interested in receiving the Home Delivery Service, here are some quick facts:
- We can deliver books in all formats (ordinary print, large print and audio)
- We deliver items every three weeks
- We can deliver up to 20 books per customer per visit
- The service is completely free (no charge for requests or overdue items)
- The service is based in Caldicot Library but is a county wide service and available to anyone living in Monmouthshire
Please contact Caldicot Library for more information.