The frontline team at Monmouth Library celebrated St Valentines Day by asking their customers to say why they loved their library.
Staff wore pink feather boas which raised many a smile from their customers.
Quotes from customers included:
- “Monmouth Library: An essential resource, bright and welcoming just like its staff”
- “Always friendly and helpful – a wonderful service”
- “Because I can read lots of books and not have to pay for them!”
- “Snow-blizzards, ice, hail, floods could not stop the loyal staff fighting their way through to open our library and lots of smiles”
- “I love libraries – all libraries for their wealth of books, which have given me pleasure, information, solace and escape. May they last a long time, feeding the imagination of others as they have mine”
Eira Lewis, Senior Library Assistant was inspired to hold the event after attending a workshop at the CILIP Conference in Cardiff last year.